Monday 19 October 2009

Zero Balancing

I'm trying to find a treatment that would not be too painful or intrusive. I used to have osteopathy or chiropractic treatment during my 50s but have not had any manipulation for over 10 years now. I always found it extremely painful. Not to mention the fact it took a good 2 or 3 days to recover afterwards.

I was considering Rolfing - I am looking for a 'gentle' treatment. I also like the idea of not having to undress. With the excess weight I've gained over the last 3 years I would feel too embarrassed. I have had reflexology in recent years which can be very relaxing but doesn't address back/neck or posture problems.

I read an article by Jane Alexander on Zero Balancing in the Telegraph on Saturday. It sounds a perfect way to try and restore my equilibrium. I may give it a try. I feel desperate today. Over the years I've had many health problems, falls, whiplash injuries and lately much stress and tension. It would be wonderful if some non invasive relaxing therapy could help. I've contacted a therapist and will let you know how I get on with it . . . or not.

3 comments:

Robert said...

That therapy sounds very interesting. And Cathy is within my reach, too, so I'll be very interested to find out how you get on.

Best wishes!

Penny Pincher said...

I'll let you know when and if I do Robert, xx

Sapphyre said...

Ladythinker, any progress on this? I'd love to know if you think it works - now that I've heard of it, I'm investigating it for hubby.

I'm happily surprised to find there is one Zero Balancing practitioner in Melbourne :)