Friday 11 April 2008

3 Good Things

  1. I start Bridge lessons next week. A very kind friend has offered to set up a game as she will find it 'very easy to lower' her standard to help me gain experience. The thought is very kind but the comment made me laugh - I told her that I'd soon be beating the pants off her - especially if we play for money. Do you do that in Bridge? It sounds so genteel and proper! I may be too loud and not serious enough. But will be fun to find out.
  2. The new furniture is much smaller and more compact than our old traditional style. But is is so comfortable. To sit and read or watch TV will be a really luxurious time. Bliss.
  3. Woolacombe Bay Hotel is offering Dinner Bed & Breakfast breaks for £52 per person per night - I'm planning to run away from home for a couple of nights - to spend time being alone. Some walks along the coast. Nothing to think about but just to relax and dream for 3 days.

5 comments:

jennifer said...

I wish I could just get away and go to a Bed & Breakfast for a few days and not have to deal with the stress in my life right now. My grandmother is really sick. My husband and I are having problems. My job is nothing but stress. Getting away from all that sounds terrific but won't happen.

Penny Pincher said...

Hello bpd in okc - I'm sorry that life is stressful for you - that's just the time when we need, but are rarely able, to take time out to relax and 'chill out'. I hope everything starts to get better for you in the near future.

Mopsa said...

Bridge stakes can be VERY high - think Omar Sharif.

Stinking Billy said...

Penny, forget Omar Sharif, think Stinking Billy.

Bridge is a wonderful game played by (mostly) lovely people, but don't demand too much of yourself during the long learning stage.

Be patient, get fully familiar with the basics before ever thinking of advanced bidding techniques, and your intelligence will come through for you.

I don't know what goes on in the lounges of friends homes re stakes, but Bridge Club meetings are for small weekly fees (£1.50 at mine) and small prizes. The sheer enjoyment of playing is enough for anybody. Good luck!x

Penny Pincher said...

Oh Mopsa, sigh I am thinking of him...

Stinking Billy - are you trying to tell me now that you look like Omar Sharif??