Sunday 13 July 2008

Crabby Old Girl

I was so looking forward to having coffee with our friends today at the Garden Centre. I'd not seen them for a week or more as they have all been on holiday. I was looking forward to a good chat with them. MyMan said he would come too... fine by me. Well it was fine with me until I realised he didn't feel at all well this morning. Even when he's having a 'better day' he says he hates the coffee shop culture and the small talk. Not feeling 'at all well' makes him more irritable and even less tolerant than normal. He insisted on coming along.

But due to the pain and not feeling 'at all well' we had to leave early. I became irritated. I felt he had spoilt my social event. Once we reached home he was restless and even more irritable. As for me I'm now feeling really crabby; it's catching. He can't settle to anything. Not the Sunday papers, the golf on TV or the cricket on the radio. Every time I immerse myself in a book or blogging he wants to tell me that he's bored ....I list the long list of little jobs he's promised to do 'one day 'but he doesn't 'feel at all well' .......

I'm beginning to think I might make him a double egg and chip butty for tea....that would probably cheer him up. Perhaps I can kill him with kindness ... death by cholesterol ....