Monday 18 February 2008

Three Wheels on my Wagon


Well - the diet has definitely been off for the last couple of days. I was feeling spaced out on Saturday. Then yesterday I just felt so cold all day. In the afternoon I ended up wrapped up in my dressing gown clutching a hot water bottle and eating anything and everything in sight while I sat and watched 'Gone With the Wind' on TCM. I have never seen it before. Amazing seeing as I am nearly 60 and the film is 10 years older than I.


Today I have the start of a cold. I feel crabby and clutzy. If there is anything to bang into, trip or fall over, I have. I have bruised ankles and ache from head to foot. I had toast for breakfast, ham/tomato sandwich and big CAKE for lunch and am trying to desist from eating biscuits with an afternoon cuppa. I am trying to get back on the straight and narrow.

MyMan is barely talking to me. As I feel crabby I have a very short temper. He only has to sound slightly peevishly queroulous and I am biting back sharpish. Yesterday he couldn't understand why I was watching 'trashy' TV - today he wishes I still was. There isn't room in this house for more than one invalid. I've been out to stock up on orange juice, fruit and food for the week (in case I get worse). Tomorrow MyMan may have to take his own prescription into town.

4 comments:

Robert said...

I comfort eat, too. Perhaps everyone does?

I'm also affected by the moods of my wife and life was quite difficult during her recent period of depression. But with me having 2 young children, I have to present a brave face all the time - well, as much of the time as possible - and this helps me to cope.

i hope you feel better soon.

Penny Pincher said...

Thanks Robert - am now on the road to recovery ...

aims said...

I am amazed that you had never seen Gone With The Wind before!!

Isn't it just the most romantic movie?! My mother and I use to watch it every year - and she read the book constantly...would finish and turn to the first page again. We always bought her everything we could find on it - plates with Scarlett sitting at the barbeque surrounded by all the beaus....I have that plate now up on my wall....

I read somewhere that Clark Gable had gum halitosis....and in one of their kisses you can see Scarlett flinch away from his mouth...I always think of that when they do those kisses...kind of ruins it a bit after I learned that - but oh well..it still is a wonderful movie...my favorite of all time.

Penny Pincher said...

Hello aims - I know i can't believe it either - now I only have Lawrence of Arabia to tackle one day